Could Nikki Bella’s heel turn by the catalyst for Cena’s heel turn?
Here’s what I see happening:
- Nikki keeps tormenting Brie up to November which is when Daniel Bryan is scheduled to return.
- Daniel Bryan returns at the Survivor Series - or the Raw the night after - and confronts Nikki about her treatment of Brie and threatens Nikki in some way if she ever puts her hands on Brie again.
- John Cena comes to defend Nikki from Daniel Bryan and beats the crap out of Daniel Bryan and officially turns heel.
- The next week, Cena comes out and tells the fans that since they love to cheer for Daniel Bryan, “you can go fuck yourselves” with Cena actually saying those words with the word “fuck” being bleeped out.
- From November to the Royal Rumble, Daniel and Brie face Cena and Nikki in a series of mixed tag team matches leading up to an “I Quit” match at the Royal Rumble where Cena wins when Daniel Bryan passes out from the STF and is unable to continue.
- The Cena vs. Bryan feud would be settled at WrestleMania in a Last Man Standing match with Bryan winning.
Forgotten Wrestling Promotions: Tri-States Wrestling Alliance
The Tri-States Wrestling Alliance was a Philadelphia-based promotion founded in 1990 by Joel Goodhart. Featuring hardcore matches and stars such as “Mad Dog” D.C. Drake, “Hot Stuff” Eddie Gilbert, Terry Funk, Abdullah the Butcher, Kevin Sullivan, Cactus Jack, The Sheik (Ed Farhat), Sabu, and The Sandman, it was considered to be the forerunner to ECW.
When Joel Goodheart closed down the Tri-States Wrestling Alliance, minority owner Tod Gordon bought the assets and rechristened Tri-States Wrestling Alliance as NWA Eastern Championship Wrestling which left the NWA in 1994 and became Extreme Championship Wrestling.
In fact, the TSWA Heavyweight Championship belt was given a paintjob and reused in ECW as the first ECW Heavyweight Championship belt.
TSWA Championship belt:
ECW Championship belt:
Just got done watching my Lockdown 2011 DVD, and I found it funny that TNA blurred out D’Angelo Dinero’s and Ric Flair’s butt cracks.
Considering how Swagger failed to beat Rusev in the flag match and Swagger’s “I let America down” speech the night after Raw, I wonder if they’re planning on having Swagger turn heel on America and join Rusev and become the “Real American Turncoat”.
If Swagger does indeed turn heel and (kayfabe) defect to Russia, they could change his name to Yakov Koloff. (Yakov is the Russian equivalent of Jacob which is Swagger’s real first name, and Koloff would be an homage to Ivan Koloff and Nikita Koloff.)
I know people like violence on wrestling, but that cinderblock spot - no matter how fake the cinderblocks are/were - went a little too far.